No, we haven’t received a surge of emails from ladies begging us to focus on this topic because they’re fed up with partners pinching their skincare! Guys, the fact is that your skin will react better to products formulated with men in mind.
Whilst most of the products we stock are gender-neutral, there are differences between male and female needs. So our experts have handpicked top products for the lads:
- The perfect starter: Obagi Carbon For Men. This all-in-one handy kit contains the necessities to practise proper skincare. 4 steps to nourish and support the appearance of skin and help minimise the signs of ageing. Simple!
- Bye-bye acne and ingrown hairs: Dermaquest DermaClear Pads. These handy pads exfoliate the skin, remove dirt and oil that can lead to acne and ingrown hairs.
- A shavers best friend: Dermaquest C-Infusion Cleanser. This foaming cleanser is ideal for shaving while protecting the skin from harmful free radicals. Plus, it’s packed full of Vitamin C which is a must-have ingredient on your bathroom shelf!
- Fighting Maskne: One of our top tips to prevent this modern-day problem is to opt for a daytime moisturiser that is light on the skin. If your skin is normal/dry we recommend Obagi’s Hydrate.
- If your skin is oily/acne-prone try Dermaquest’s Essential B5 Moisture Matte.
- Don’t leave the house without it: Obagi Sun Shield Matte SPF50. With the promise of beer gardens insight (hurrah!), it’s even more important to remember to wear an SPF. This broad-spectrum offering from Obagi is a best-seller that is suitable for all skin types.
- Wake up a new man: Medik8 Night Retinal Cream. Using 0.2% retinol, this evening product is the perfect introduction to vitamin A. Ideal for combatting the first visible signs of ageing and improving skin elasticity.