DIY Skincare: How to recreate a No.6 style facial during lockdown.
Let’s face it (excuse the pun!) treating yourself to a salon facial right now may seem like a far-off luxury but that’s doesn’t mean you can’t continue to care about your complexion. So we wanted to reach out to give you some pointers to get your skin in tip-top condition and prepped for the wide world again once we are back in action. We also thought it might be handy to describe how to get your skin ready for our more powerful facials when the time comes around! So our four experienced Aestheticians have put together step-by-step facial guides using clinic only product ranges available to you via skinaddict.co.uk
To call something an at-home facial means going that one step further than your daily routine. Even though we may now have ample time at home, a facial should be considered a treat. Especially now, more than ever, it is important to take care of your own mental health and one of the best ways is by doing something for you and your body. So, pause that Netflix series, light that candle you’ve been saving and prepare for some much-deserved R&R.
Ali tackles breakouts
- I firstly cleanse with ENVIRON’S SKIN ESSENTIA CLEANSING LOTION to remove makeup and impurities from the surface of the skin. I then do a second cleanse with DERMAQUEST’S DERMACLEAR BHA CLEANSER to treat the breakouts. This product helps to calm and clear the skin. It is important to double cleanse so that your treatment cleanser can do its job effectively.
- Use a cotton pad and apply evenly to the face and neck avoiding the eye area. I use ENVIRON’S DERMA-LAC LOTION which is great for refining pores and keeping skin hydrated.
- ENVIRON’S SEBU-CLEAR MASQUE is one of my go-to products when it comes to controlling my breakouts. This masque contains salicylic acid which is antibacterial so great for preventing breakouts and reducing existing breakouts. Apply evenly to the face and neck using a mask brush, not taking it too close to the eye area. Leave on for 10 minutes and remove with damp cotton pads or a face cloth. This masque is to be used 2-3 times a week for 10 minutes. Avoid using this product in conjunction with DERMAQUEST’S DERMACLEAR PADS.
- DERMAQUEST’S B5 SERUM contains hyaluronic acid which is perfect for keeping the skin hydrated without making your skin oily. Apply into your hand and press onto the face and neck.
- ENVIRON’S AVST MOISTURISER is a must-have in my skincare routine. Containing vitamins, A, E and C, it helps to normalise my skin as well as protect and heal. Apply 2 pumps into your hand and massage into the face and neck.
Radiant skin with Ruth
- Start out with a double cleanse, I recommend using ENVIRON YOUTH ESSENTIA HYDRA INTENSIVE CLEANSING LOTION, the formula offers a thorough cleanse without stripping the skins natural protective barrier. Perfectly prepping your skin to begin the facial.
- Follow up with a deep exfoliation with a difference. Using MEDIK8’S EXFOLIATING POWDER CLEANSE, usually mixed with water, but as a treat for your skin today, we’ll use ENVIRON’S DERMA-LAC LOTION, this magic lotion aid skins natural cell turn over, and the powder will help to slough off superficial dead skin, leaving skin feeling instantly smoother and brighter. This is before we’ve even got the treatment part of the facial!
- For the facial massage use ENVIRON’S HYDRATING OIL CAPSULES usually an intensive overnight treatment, they make the perfect medium for adding hydration deep within the skin during massage, plumping the skin and increasing blood flow, naturally brightening your complexion. There is no right or wrong way to massage the face, but some of my favourites for self-massage are as follows; Knuckling (gently!) all over the cheeks and neck, follow with pressure points around the eyes and forehead and eyebrow pinches. End off the massage by pressing flat palms all over the face and neck; this will push in any excess product, so you can continue with the mask.
- My go-to radiance mask is DERMAQUEST C INFUSION TX MASK This mighty mask is packed full of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and peptides, resulting in the ultimate brightening and anti-ageing pick-me-up. Fighting free radicals and promoting collagen production, use this twice a week for up to twenty minutes for optimal results.
- Remove the mask with a warm face cloth, or your cleanser of choice. Now we need to feed the skin for the ultimate glow up. MEDIK8’S PRESS & GLOW does exactly what it says on the bottle. Omegas 3 and 6 and specially selected essential oils, give you an effortless glow from within in one simple step. Quickly absorbed with long-lasting results, follow up with DERMAQUEST SKINBRITE CREAM locking in moisture, fading pigmentation, and it’s amazing for reducing under-eye circles.
- Top off with JANE IREDALE’S DREAM TINT for the ultimate all-day glow, as well as SPF 15 protecting your skin from harmful UV rays.
Carly talks anti-ageing
- Hopefully, everyone is double cleansing in the morning and the evening, easy to slip out of the habit but it makes all the difference. I would highly recommend the DERMAQUEST PEPTIDE GLYCO CLEANSER in the evenings which gives you more than just a power cleanse. It also exfoliates and can be used as a mask with its active glycolic and peptides, which will leave your skin fresh and super clean. If you are new to this product, slowly introduce it to your regime every other evening.
- If you are looking for a step up in your routine ENVIRON’S CIT ROLLER is amazing. It enhances the use of your existing products, allowing deeper penetration as it creates little tunnels which let the products get to where they need to quickly. Using the roller gets better results and assist with lines, wrinkles and open pores. You can use the roller a couple of times a week, building up gradually.
- Then afterwards you can apply Medik8’s B5 Serum or DERMAQUEST PEPTIDE RETINOL YOUTH SERUM for the ultimate anti-ageing effect. You’ll be amazed when you wake up to see firmer and more plumped skin. If you are new to the Dermaquest product, just start once a week working up gradually. For the other evenings ENVIRON AVST is amazing for anti-ageing and their PEPTIDE EYE SERUM for the delicate eye area.
- If you want a peel at home, DERMAQUEST MINI PUMPKIN PEEL gives brilliant results and is very rejuvenating when you leave in for a few minutes and rinse off. It is important to prep your skin before treatments such as power facials especially as it may have been a while since your last one.
Whilst Steph combats dehydrated and dull complexions
- Let’s start with an active skin cleanser which is mild but still stimulates the cells for the start of the day and dissolves any makeup/build-up of dirt at the end. The best way to apply a cleansing wash is on slightly damp skin, massage in small circular movements with a bit of pressure all over the face and neck. This also encourages blood flow to create new skin cells. DERMAQUEST ESSENTIAL CLEANSER is amazing for doing just this, cleansing the skin with pineapple and papaya extract, perfect for even the sensitive of skins.
- Use a deep hydrating serum am and pm. Serums are just as important as a moisturiser nowadays, they are super thin in texture so travel deeper. Lightly apply straight onto the face and neck in sweeping motions. MEDIK8’S HYDRA B5 is packed full of vitamin B5 to improve retention and regeneration, and best of all hyaluronic acid which holds up to 1000x its own weight in water! So plump, plump, plump!
- Skin protection and extra moisture is very important for dehydrated skin. A day cream with SPF is essential to lock all the goodness and a night cream will repair any day damage. Apply this immediately after your serum, I like to massage my moisturiser in for a couple of minutes to get my circulation stimulated, which then absorbs the ingredients better and much deeper. MEDIK8’S DAILY RADIANCE SPF30 protects against UVA/UVB, environmental aggressors, pollution and also contains Vitamin C.
- A weekly home intensive treat is brilliant right now. I love oil for the face as you can use these as a weekly. Or for an intensive boost, every night for a week really does bring an amazing glow and youthfulness to the face and neck. When applying oil, a relaxing massage is always nice to do. I’ve included a photo diagram of some simple massage moves. ENVIRON’S INTENSIVE HYDRATING OIL CAPSULES are amazing for really boosting skin cells and regeneration. Packed full of Vitamin A, C & E green tea and rosemary also protects the skin from free radical damage.
- And last but not least the brilliant sheet mask! These are great, no mess no fuss just place on the face for 20 and voilà! Your boosting facial is done! MEDIK8’S ULTIMATE RECOVERY BIO-CELLULOSE MASK is deeply nourishing and detoxifying. Cools and calms most delicate skin. The perfect partner for after micro-needling treatments.
- June 2022 (2)
- May 2022 (1)
- April 2022 (1)
- March 2022 (3)
- January 2022 (1)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (2)
- October 2021 (3)
- September 2021 (2)
- August 2021 (2)
- July 2021 (1)
- June 2021 (2)
- May 2021 (1)
- March 2021 (1)
- February 2021 (1)
- January 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (1)
- September 2020 (1)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (2)
- April 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (1)
- November 2019 (1)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (3)
- August 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (4)