15% off your first order £50+ with code WELCOME15 - free delivery on all orders
Your Diet and Acne: Are They Related? – A Expert’s Perspective
When you look in the mirror and see an acne flare-up, do you wonder if it’s a result of the cheeseburger and chips you had for dinner last night? It’s a question we often hear at SkinAddict.
We would suggest that you keep a food and skin diary to hopefully then be able to identify if anything in your diet is triggering your acne.
The connection between diet and acne isn’t straightforward and can vary from person to person. However, scientific research has established some links:
Food to possibly avoid
High Glycaemic Foods
Foods high on the glycaemic index, such as white bread, sweets, and sugary drinks, cause a rapid spike in blood sugar and may exacerbate acne in some individuals. This rapid rise in blood sugar triggers the body to produce more insulin, leading to increased sebum production and, consequently, acne.
Several studies have found an association between dairy intake, particularly skimmed milk, and acne, although the reasons for this are not entirely understood. More research is needed in this area.
Food to enjoy
Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish, flaxseeds, and walnuts, can have an anti-inflammatory effect and may help reduce the severity of acne.
Fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that can help combat inflammation and protect your skin from damage. Consuming a diet rich in these foods may support your skin’s health and help control acne.
Sometimes we need an extra boost and taking high-quality supplements can ease the symptoms of problematic skin. Plus they which target acne all over your body
So, what’s so great about Advanced Nutrition Programmes Skin Accumax?
- Award-winner receiving multiple awards
- Works from the inside and nourishes all layers of the skin to clarify and clear the complexion
- Feeds every cell in the body so can help support all areas affected with problem skin such as the face, chest and back
- Recommended by professionals and celebrities alike for skin transformation benefits.
- Helps to support skin health*
- Results enjoyed by men and women
And we also love Skin Biome to complement Accumax.
- Perfect partner to Skin Accumax™
- One-a-day capsule designed for problem-prone, stressed, oily/ combination or irritated skin.
- Works to help support clear skin, brighten skin and support gut / digestive health.
- Patent-pending formula and winner of three awards including Marie Claire Best Skin Innovation Award in supplement category and Beauty Shortlist Wellbeing Awards 2022
- Fast acting – four unique skin-friendly bacteria strains and zinc.
- No need to refrigerate – the capsules are pristinely packaged in aluminium pods flushed with nitrogen to preserve ingredients and deliver 5 billion active cultures on daily basis.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
Remember, while diet can play a role in acne, it is only one piece of the puzzle. Combining a balanced diet with an effective skincare regimen and healthy lifestyle habits can make a significant difference. As skincare professionals, SkinAddict is always here to guide you on your journey to clear skin.
As always, our emails are open. Please contact us on [email protected] for a free consultation and skincare advice.