We all know what acne is and, more than likely, we’ve all had or have acne. Read our latest blog to find clinically proven acne skincare. Banish those blemishes for good!
Are you fed up with spots and acne, don’t worry Celebrities aren’t exempt either, in fact Kendal Jenner, Zendaya, Brad Pitt and Leo DC all have spoken about their struggles battling it! So we need to not drink too much 🍹and not eat 🍔 🍟 – yeh right! Definitely can’t do that during the festive season but we can balance it out with lots of water and green tea, and healthy meals full of antioxidants, zinc, omega 3 and probiotics.
You can also take ANP’s Accumax which target acne all over your body. These supplements contain an ingredient called DIM, a patented, highly active plant compound sourced from broccoli. They are also packed full of vitamins A, C and E and phytonutrients which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Unlike RoAccutane, Accumax does not dry out the skin and is completely made from natural, high-quality, ingredients.
To avoid scars and future breakouts, please also refrain from picking your pimples, avoid harsh exfoliators and keep your hands/hair/pillows and mobile phones clean. But obviously we wouldn’t be writing a blog without telling you about the results-driven products you can topically apply. You want to look out for ingredients such as the BHA salicylic acid, which is derived from willow bark. It is oil soluble which allows it to penetrate your pores and unblock them. And the AHA Glycolic Acid, which is derived from sugar cane and works to also draw out impurities in the skin but retain moisture, which other acne-fighting ingredients can dry out.
You also want to be using a retinol in the evening for your blemishes and acne scars. This strong form of Vitamin A exfoliates to remove unwanted oils and dirt from your pores and shed dead skin. It can also help to prevent future breakouts. This clinical ingredient stimulates collagen and elastin, which reduce the size and appearance of your scars and give you healthy skin. With this all in mind our skincare experts highly recommend the following products to use as part of your routine.
- Obagi Clenziderm – use in the morning and evening before your other productshttps://skinaddict.co.uk/product/obagi-clenziderm-m-d-foaming-cleanser/
- Dermaclear Cleanser – use in the morning and evening before your other products https://skinaddict.co.uk/product/dermaquest-dermaclear-cleanser/
Accumax – We advise taking 4 capsules a day for a minimum of 14 weeks, after which you may wish to reduce to one or two a day for a further few weeks.
- Medik8 Physical Sunscreen – apply in the morning to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays- https://skinaddict.co.uk/product/medik8-physical-sunscreen/
- DermaQuest Dermaclear Pads – use every other evening after cleansing – https://skinaddict.co.uk/product/dermaquest-dermaclear-cleanser/
- Obagi Retinol 1.0 – apply in the evening after your moisturiser –https://skinaddict.co.uk/product/obagi-retinol-1-0/
If your acne still doesn’t clear, we’d recommend you to complete the Obagi or ZO consultation to access medical acne products. They will contain stronger ingredients such as stronger forms of Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide, which works as an antiseptic to reduce bacteria on the surface of your skin. Thus helping your pores shed dead skin and excess sebum.